We are recruiting a sUAS Remote Pilot to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will benefit from working alongside Steve Mermelstein and often function as the PIC.
- Currently licensed FAA 107 Remote Pilot with small Unmanned Aerial System rating.
- Ability to read and understand Aeronautical Charts, METARs, TFRs, and NOTAMS.
- In depth experiencing piloting sUAS photography/video platforms, especially DJI products. (See our fleet.)
- Great sense of direction with the ability to navigate to locations on time and without getting lost.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately understand online/offline maps, charts, drawings surveys, etc and utilize the information to understand surroundings, potential hazards, position safe takeoff/landing sites, and create safe flight plans.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a team, meeting all deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills are essential.
- Reliable transportation, proof of auto insurance, unexpired driver’s license, and clean driving record (no DUIs or moving violations within the last 3 years).
Preference given to applicants with:
- Three+ years of experience as a sUAS operator/pilot.
- Knowledge and experience with latest versions of: Final Cut Pro, Color Finale Plugin, Lightroom CC, Premier Pro CC, Photoshop CC, Kolor Autopano, Kolor Autopano Video, and Mac OS.
- A solid track record of performance under deadlines.
- Familiarity with color-correction standards, technical principles, and delivery specifications.
- Vermont residents; especially Chittenden, Lamoille, Washington, and Addison County residents.
Three years in a row Steve Mermelstein was named one of the top 50 photographers and cinematographers in the country by Samsung USA. Steve is based in South Burlington, VT, serving Vermont and beyond. He serves a diverse client-base including local startups, established local business, large multinational corporations, broadcast TV, streaming productions, movie productions, press/media outlets and news programs, magazines, and even state government agencies. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
- Please send a cover letter which includes an intro, a link to your demo reel, links to other examples of your work, and desired pay.
- Don’t forget to include your resume and work history.
- Send via email only. DO NOT contact us using any other method.
- Email to: j…@vtdrone.com.