Are you interested in working on creative and unique video content?
The Editor/Colorist is responsible for the finishing, packaging and delivery of cinematography, promotional videos, digital video content, documentaries, and other types of video content.
The ideal candidate will benefit from working alongside Steve Mermelstein and a variety of clients to ingest, grade, technically correct, polish content, and edit for final delivery. The Editor/Colorist may also design and execute packaging elements as needed. Most of the finished products are 30 seconds to 3 minutes in length. Less frequently some maybe 5-6 minutes or longer.
- ADVANCED color-correction and editing experience using latest version of Final Cut Pro.
- In depth experiencing using latest version of Motion and Compressor.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a team, meeting all deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills are essential.
- Great sense of direction with the ability to navigate to locations on time and without getting lost.
- Reliable transportation, proof of auto insurance, unexpired driver’s license, and clean driving record (no DUIs or moving violations within the last 3 years).
Preference given to applicants with:
- Minimum of three years of experience as a videographer, video editor, and colorist.
- Knowledge and experience with latest versions of: Final Cut Pro, Color Finale Plugin, Lightroom CC, Premier Pro CC, After Effects CC, Audition CC, Media Encoder CC, Photoshop CC, Kolor Autopano, Kolor Autopano Video, and Mac OS.
- A solid track record of performance under deadlines.
- Familiarity with broadcast color-correction standards, technical principles, and delivery specifications.
- Vermont residents; especially Chittenden, Lamoille, Washington, and Addison County residents.
Three years in a row Steve Mermelstein was named one of the top 50 photographers and cinematographers in the country by Samsung USA. Steve is based in South Burlington, VT, serving Vermont and beyond. He serves a diverse client-base including local startups, established local business, large multinational corporations, broadcast TV, streaming productions, movie productions, press/media outlets and news programs, magazines, and even state government agencies. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
- Please send a cover letter which includes an intro, a link to your demo reel, links to other examples of your work, and desired pay.
- Don’t forget to include your resume and work history.
- Send via email only. DO NOT contact us using any other method.
- Email to: j…@vtdrone.com.